Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mini Art????

This month the theme for Cathedral Square Gallery is miniature art. Also, the Spanish Moss Miniature Art Show is scheduled for February. I decided to practice painting in miniature to get ready for the upcoming show. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not as difficult to paint small as I had feared it would be. It was actually fun to be able to complete a painting in a day's time. I also really liked painting on the Ampersand panel board - seemed smoother than canvas, but there is still a little texture and a gessoed surface - more conducive to finer detail. Here is a five by five inch panel in acrylic. I called this "Mini Cow". I have a second one I'll post tomorrow. These will both be at Cathedral Square Gallery tomorrow for the LODA artwalk.

No comments: