Sunday, May 2, 2010

Watercolors and Grandbabies

This has been a busy past week or so. Last Saturday I turned in an acrylic painting I completed for the Mobile Art Association Spring Exhibition, which is hanging at the Mobile West Regional Library. I forgot to take a photo of this painting before I turned it in, but hope to take one at the library sometime this upcoming week. Later Saturday night I worked at Cathedral Square Gallery for Fourth Saturday artwalk, which mostly got rained out due to severe thunderstorm warnings - but we still sold a good bit of artwork to the few patrons who braved the weather. Wednesday night the grandbabies arrived for several days visit. That has been fun so far and they are here until Tuesday morning. I also have been trying to pull together last minute preps for the upcoming Watercolor and Graphic Arts Spring Exhibition (for which I'm the designated chairperson), and we spent yesterday taking in artwork for the show at the Eastern Shore Art Center. Quite hectic yesterday, but that is because we had lots of wonderful artwork submitted - which is good! The judge will arrive for jurying and judging on Tuesday and the show will hang on Wednesday - with the opening reception on Friday during the First Friday Art Walk. Here is a little watercolor I entered into this show - which I pretty much started during last month's Mama Lisa session. I'm not sure if it will make it through the jurying process, but I've wanted to paint this family for quite a while - based on a snapshot I took through the window on our train trip between Chicago and Grand Junction, Colorado. Approximately 10" x 13" image, titled: Waiting at the Depot (Somewhere in Western Illinois). I think this is pretty much a study, and I might try a larger similar painting sometime in future.

No comments: