Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recap of recent activities

I finally finished the white bull painting and have started the last cow painting for the upcoming cow show in March. The new painting is a cow who obviously needs to be milked. These two paintings are both quite large and have been taking most of my time lately, but I do have some other activities to report. On the last Monday in January I did some plein air painting with Jami Buck and Mary Beth Culp at Municipal Park. I painted a swing looking out over the lake - and we were distracted by the geese and the kittens that live in the culverts. I'll post my finished oil sketch once I finish it up. Last Monday I placed my "Connie's Koi No. 1" painting at the Regions Bank at Old Shell and McGreagor. It will display through February and March. I also completed artwork for the postcard that Janie Brown and I are working on to publicize out upcoming cow show. I'm curating this show which will feature artwork by 10 local artists and will hang at the Mobile West Regional Library for March and April. You'll have to catch this fun show beginning March 2nd, with a public opening reception on Thursday the 6th. I'll post the postcard art once we are ready to mail it out.

I missed my figure group the last week in February due to traveling to Birmingham for my niece's wedding shower. I was able to make it to the group this past Wednesday, and am posting some recent figure drawings from my last two sessions. We all enjoyed the male model from a couple of weeks ago - he will be coming back to pose for us this week.




No comments: