Friday, April 24, 2009

Kaiser Farm Barn Watercolor

Here is a simple watercolor I just finished a few days ago, based on some photos taken during a plein air session at Kaiser Farm in Baldwin County last October. We painted in oil an 100-year- old rustic barn that day, but I was intrigued by this other white barn on the property and the juxtaposition against the red shed. Mrs. Kaiser indicated this barn was also very old, but had been covered with white aluminum siding to protect it from further dilapidation. The bones of the old barn are still there, and the shadows and light on the white siding made a nice portrait of the structure, I think. I just picked this up from the frame shop and intend to enter it in the Mobile Art Association Spring Juried Exhibition tomorrow morning - will hang at West Regional Library I hope.

No comments: